Home History of Seaham - Stories and remarkable and memorable events in the history of Seaham Schools and Education in Seaham

Schools and Education in Seaham

Title Filter     Display # 
# Article Title Hits
1 Retirement of Thomas Dobson after 37 years teaching (1933) 1
2 Opening of new Seaham Intermediate School on Station Road (1930) 2
3 Byron Tce School repairs and ARP preparations (from School Log Book) 5
4 Staff at Byron Tce School (from Log Book) 1960's and 1970's 33
5 Log book of New Seaham Council School Infants Dept (Byron Terrace) 1912 to 1965 171
6 Death of Hannah Forster - owner of private Seaham school (1926) 26
7 Opening of St Joseph's Roman Catholic School (1926) 21
8 Foundation stone of new Roman Catholic School laid near Seaham Colliery station (1925) 17
9 1036 children to be fed breakfast and dinner at Seaham schools (1921) 113
10 Retirement of Headmistress Miss Doherty from Seaham Harbour School (1920) 28
11 Auction of salvaged material from Ropery Walk Corrugated Iron School (1914) 32
12 Fifty children in Seaham schools without socks and shoes (1914) 31
13 Temporary school at Ropery Walk completed (1909) 40
14 Education Committee purchase Ropery Walk School from Londonderry (1908) 45
15 New Infant School opened at Seaham Harbour (1898) 55
16 New Cottages School 1865 to 1909 / Dawdon Mission Room 77
17 Seaham Schools (Article by CA Smith 1965) 97
18 Rock House acquired by Miss Lettice Jowitt for an Educational Settlement (1931) 251
19 Openng of the Londonderry Schools by Lady Frances Ann (March 1858) 233
20 Advert for canteen staff at SMS (November 1948) 403
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 2