Home History of Seaham - Stories and remarkable and memorable events in the history of Seaham The Collieries, Brickworks and Ancillary Works

The Collieries, Brickworks and Ancillary Works

Title Filter     Display # 
# Article Title Hits
1 Steeplejack at work on chimney at Vane Tempest (1948) 27
2 Plans to celebrate vesting date of NCB at Seaham (1946) 26
3 Pits that have closed in the Northumberland & Durham Coalfield since the 1940's 38
4 Opening of Vane Tempest Welfare Hall (1939) 39
5 Plans for Miners Welfare Hall for Vane Tempest Colliery (1938) 48
6 Opening of new pit-head baths at Vane Tempest Colliery (1937) 44
7 Ordnance Survey Maps showing Harvey, High Main and Five Quarter Seams (1990's) 43
8 923 Dawdon miners summonsed and fined £1 each for lightning strike (1934) 51
9 Seaham Colliery which has been closed for 18 months to restart (1934) 45
10 Seaham Colliery closed and miners in colliery houses given rent books (1930) 51
11 All Londonderry collieries in Durham laid idle (1930) 43
12 Tipping of colliery refuse at Seaham Hall Dene (1929) 52
13 First coals shipped from Vane Tempest Colliery (1929) 47
14 Notices withdrawn to 2,700 Seaham Colliery pitmen (1928) 57
15 Hutton Seam reached at Vane Tempest Colliery (1927) 55
16 Foundation stone laid for twelve Aged Miners Homes at Dawdon (1927) 57
17 Main coal seam reached at Vane Tempest (1927) 60
18 Houghton Mines Rescue Map of local collieries (1950's) 51
19 Sinking of Vane Tempest Colliery to begin shortly (1925) 55
20 New pit (Vane Tempest) will produce 1 million tons per year (1924) 58
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 4