Home History of Seaham - Stories and remarkable and memorable events in the history of Seaham Streets, Buildings and Features

Streets, Buildings and Features

Title Filter     Display # 
# Article Title Hits
1 Lithographic prints of Seaham (September 1860) 452
2 Opening of Skilbecks Garage (1940) 193
3 Unveiling of Lord Londonderry Statue (1922) 189
4 Demolition of Cliff House (1965) 215
5 Opening of TSB Branch in Marlborough Street (1952) 327
6 Accident fears over derelict Jennings Foundry (1970) 395
7 Jennings Foundry closing (1966) 351
8 Opening of new branch library in St John's Square (1961) 359
9 Compulsory purchase of houses in Henry Street, Seaham Harbour (1954) 349
10 Coastal walk from Sunderland to Easington Village (1952) 357
11 Coastal erosion scheme begins (1952) 448
12 Buildings of special architectural or historical interest (1950) 412
13 Sea wall proposed at Seaham to prevent coastal erosion (1949) 473
14 The sea is eroding the cliffs and shoreline at Seaham (1948) 458
15 The Featherbed Rock is crumbling away (1947) 450
16 Site of the demolished colliery row "Hall Street" now growing corn (1946) 405
17 Snowden & Bailes bakery fined for burning loaves of bread (1946) 470
18 Reminiscences of the Sea Baths and the North Battery (1945) 381
19 Keeping of pigeons, fowl and animals on the new Parkside Estate (1945) 387
20 Full street lighting resumed at Seaham (1945) 390
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 6