Home History of Seaham - Stories and remarkable and memorable events in the history of Seaham Ships, Shipbuilding and the Docks

Ships, Shipbuilding and the Docks

Title Filter     Display # 
# Article Title Hits
1 Painting of the opening of the Dock Extension by A J Balfour (1905) 318
2 Shipbuilding at Seaham Harbour: The forgotten industry of Seaham 692
3 Sunderland keelmen appeal to Lord Londonderry (1833) 735
4 Building of the replacement dock gates in 1905 (1995) 408
5 Paddle tug Reliant leaves Seaham for the last time (1969) 442
6 Anti-coal breaker Docks relic to be preserved (1966) 430
7 Mine-watching service for the Seaham coast (1955) 470
8 New pilot cutter to be named "Lady Jane" (1955) 410
9 North Docks beam engine to be sent to manufacturer in Gateshead (1949) 444
10 The story of the SS Maureen also known as The Mary Ann (1947) 477
11 Henry Dobson worked the haulage engine in the North Dock (1943) 433
12 The four plans for the building of the harbour at Seaham (1941) 520
13 Mr Dillon formally re-opens new dock gates (1937) 462
14 New dock gates are to be built for Seaham (1937) 480
15 Londonderry collier "Newtonards" sold to German firm (1927) 585
16 Castlereagh extension to Docks nearing completion (1925) 541
17 Castlereagh extension of the Docks almost completed (1925) 548
18 South Dock gates finally replaced two years after the great storm (1921) 477
19 Loss of "The Lovely Nellie" in 1861 recalled (1914) 514
20 John Adamson appointed Harbourmaster at Seaham Harbour (1910) 683
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 7