Home History of Seaham - Stories and remarkable and memorable events in the history of Seaham The Collieries, Brickworks and Ancillary Works

The Collieries, Brickworks and Ancillary Works

Title Filter     Display # 
# Article Title Hits
1 Coals imported to Seaham Harbour and Ryhope coals to Ryhope Colliery (1892) 2
2 Official opening of New Seaham Miners Hall (1890) 3
3 Lord Londonderry unveils memorial stones at New Seaham Miners Hall (1889) 4
4 Description of recently completed Miners Hall at New Seaham (1889) 3
5 The cage dispute at Seaham Colliery (1887) 7
6 Threatened strike at Seaham Colliery over 30 non-unionists (1887) 9
7 Proposal for Vane Tempest Miners Hall (1938) 9
8 Disasters in the Northern Coalfields since 1658 (1885) 14
9 Seaham Miners Lodge Committee (1962) 39
10 Seaham Colliery Brickworks 45
11 Lord Londonderry's letter to Seaham shopkeepers (1844) 125
12 Fire at Dawdon Colliery (February 1933) 163
13 Our Colliery Village by Newcastle Weekly Chronicle 229
14 Durham Coalfield showing the collieriess working in 1942 167
15 Outcry when matches found at Ryhope Colliery (July 1881) 144
16 Commission considers the Seaham Collieries are amongst the best managed (1926) 143
17 Map of Durham Coalfield 1950 to 1991 139
18 Photo of Dawdon Colliery Pit Pond 179
19 Photo of Vane Tempest Colliery 151
20 Photo of The Ball Alley 154
 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 Next > End >>
Page 1 of 3